Now touring: Thunder Road Theatre’s
by Ryan Simons
by Ellis Reed
There’s still plenty of time to catch Shock Horror, which is touring UK theatres between 5 October and 9 November.
The brainchild of Ryan Simons, it’s been billed as ‘Stranger Things meets The Woman in Black’ and mixes multimedia screen action with live stage performance. The plot summary is as follows:
‘Herbert is a horror film fanatic. Raised in a cinema that screened only horror, hidden away by his deranged mother, Herbert develops a talent for making films of his own. Returning to the derelict cinema he grew up in, he presents his best film yet… Shock Horror.
But there are more than memories inside The Metropol cinema. What lurks behind the curtains? Or inside the walls itself?’
The production stars Alex Moran (War Horse), Chloe Proctor (Emmerdale), Joseph Carter (Hollyoaks), and Chris Blackwood (Demon Eye). Music is by Ben Parsons (Grand Designs, Frankenstein) and lighting is by Matt Glaz (The Bay).
Since their founding in 2011, Yorkshire-based Thunder Road Theatre have produced six sell-out shows and won multiple awards. Shock Horror will next be showing at the following venues:
- Helmsley Arts Centre (14 October)
- Georgian Theatre Royal (15 Oct)
- CAST Doncaster (19-20 Oct)
- The Viaduct Halifax (21-22 Oct)
- Theatre Royal Wakefield (25 Oct)
- Stamford Arts Centre (26 Oct)
- The Lowry Salford (27-29 Oct)
- Lawrence Batley Theatre (30 Oct)
- Media Factory Preston (4-5 Nov)
- Dorchester Arts Centre (9 Nov)