Manchester’s Grimmfest present
‘Monsters and Movies’
by Ellis Reed
As part of the BFI’s 2022 Blockbuster Season, Grimmfest and the the MMU Centre for Gothic Studies are presenting a programme called ‘Monsters and Movies’ at the Odeon Great Northern Cinema in Manchester.
The event will be held on 19 and 20 November and showcase ‘a selection of awesome monster movies presented alongside in depth talks with the creative minds behind them.’
The screenings are as follows:
- An American Werewolf in London or The Thing (audience vote), featuring a talk by Reece Shearsmith and Mick Garris
- The Descent, presented by director Neil Marshall and lead actress Shauna Macdonald
- She Will, presented by director Charlotte Colbert and actress Alice Krige
- Wolf Manor, presented by director Dominic Brunt, SFX wizard Shaune Harrison, and filmmaker Ashley Thorpe
- The Lair, presented by director Neil Marshall
- Sleepwalkers (30th anniversary screening), presented by director Mick Garris and actress Alice Krige
- The Hallow, presented by director Corin Hardy
There’s also going to be a mystery film and talk, although we have no idea what they are. From the list, my personal picks would be new films Wolf Manor and The Lair – both of which I’m eagerly awaiting – and maybe a rewatch of Corin Hardy’s wonderful The Hallow. That said, it’s a fantastic line-up from start to finish, so read more and book your tickets here.